Monday, August 27, 2012

MagiSoft August 2012 Update

Hey Everyone!

Been a while as always :)



Although August is just about done, I still wanted to update. I'm in the middle of working on some stuff, and decided to take a break to blog!

Anyways, this month has been such a blast but before I get to the really fun stuff I need to make some announcements on previous posts and things of concern and changes that we are making.




Announcements:

Summer Internship with Niece
Our niece unfortunately had to stop working with us this summer. I don't think that working on games is something that she really wanted to do. Lack of motivation and some other issues prevented her from working with us. It is unfortunate, but we must move on. She will have to study and learn on her own time :) Perhaps we are too hard-working for some to keep up, but what can I do, that's just how we are. We did not get where we are by slacking and chatting to people online and on the phone all day long.



Barnes and Noble NOOK App Store
As you can see we have added games on several mobile markets. The numbers vary between the markets, especially in the Barnes and Noble's NOOK App Store. I did not want to really make such a big deal about this, but considering they keep putting the "nail in the coffin" on us with app submission, I am without choice to alert our fans of what is going on. I've received countless e-mails from Nook users asking us about adding more games (in their e-mail signature it says "Sent from my NOOK")

However after getting many app rejections for our games, I decided to create a support ticket inquiring about the rejections and this was the reply:

Dear Developer,

The app rejections for the updates are due to the app ecosystem being flooded with these type of apps in particular. The app in question, does not differentiate itself form the other five apps currently in our store. We understand that each one provides something different, but looking at the apps themselves, these could be combined to create a single user experience. We reserve the right to reject content based on how many apps of that type are in the store in order to maintain a certain type or genre of app from becoming overly prevalent to our customer base. We are happy to accept your apps, but they need to provide a higher standard of game play, quality, and diversity from the apps you have already put into the store.

Please let me know if you would like further explanation into this matter.

Thank you,

--NOOK Developer Team


I am not going to tell you what you decide to do if you own a Nook Color/Tablet other than to play our games on our website, or something else, but I am washing my hands clean of this issue, because if they want to play that way, so be it. I did not think they would be so controlling, making decisions for their customers. I would be enraged to hear something like this from a consumer point of view. You already know how I feel developer wise. I own a Kindle Fire and an Acer Iconia, sooo... Google Play has every last mobile game that we have added and I will leave it at that :)

I am not saying that I will not keep trying to add our games on the Nook by being persistent, but I will tell you to not hold your breath. It will be a slim chance that you would even see a third of our games on there. I've seen them try to suggest things that would involve more time than it is worth to put apps on there. I am a type of create once, publish everywhere type of girl, so their attitude is clashing with mine. I refuse to make trials of our games on Nook, because it is not worth opening up another compiler to wrack my brain on getting a link to the full version to work, on top of that not being able to monetize from the trial since they do not allow advertising.... Need I say more?



Working with Other Game Studios (Our Friends)
Believe it or not, we were creating games for our friends and family. Although it seemed like a great idea at the time, it was putting a lot of stress on me and Key. We had our work to do, on top of explaining what they should do to create games on their own. No one wants to commit to doing the work, all they wanted to see was money. So, we are officially pulling the plug. No more games for people... no no no no no no no no NOOOO! Why should we do all the work and study, while they reap the benefits of having nerdy friends? On top of that, they were flooding the market, optimally becoming friendly competition. I have no idea how that was possible, but it was like we were competing with ourselves since we made the game.



NOW FOR SOME FUN STUFF

This summer we went to the Amusement Park! I haven't went swimming in years!! We went to lots of places and actually had a VACATION! 




We are trying to go to some Anime/Gaming Conventions to sell our PC Games, Art Book and some other items. I am so excited!!!

More News on this later!

Also we made Princess and the Magical Fruit for Smart Phones and Tablets

Click Here to Play the Demo!

There is a Demo and Paid version of the game.

Also, I've been in working on games in Java that are compatible for all Android devices! I have I think like over 20 that are in Java. Yay! Going Native is easier, but what a learning curve!

Well its time to go back to working on my stuff now. I know that I keep saying I will update the website with more games, and we are, I just don't know when. I'll definitely let you know when a game will be up, so as always.....


STAY TUNED!

-Chykara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...